Human Resources is a Division of the City Manager's Office and provides effective services and vital information to employees, retirees and the public with compassion, dignity, and respect in a fair and equitable manner. It is responsible for carrying out all the activities essential to the effective administration of personnel functions.
These activities include:
- Maintaining centralized personnel records.
- Ensuring compliance with State and Federal employment-related laws and regulations.
- Assisting departments in the areas of recruitment, selection, placement, training, performance, and separation of employees.
- Administering benefits program.
- Administering job classifications and compensation plans.
- Overseeing the safety function, including workers' compensation.
- Participating in collective bargaining with employee unions and administering union contracts.
The bar on the left provides links to job openings, benefit overview, and employment agreements.